Middlebury, Vermont 05753Official Website
The D.M.Means Woods, 29.4 acres, was gifted to the Town in 1969 by Elinor Means with covenant restrictions limiting its use to a green space in conjunction with Battell Woods (located immediately south, across Seminary Street Extension) and Chipman Hill (to the northeast, separated by 1000 feet of private property). The Trail Around Middlebury (TAM) runs the course of the “Old Town Road” traversing the parcel's eastern boundary, and numerous other walking trails crisscross the property.
All three properties are closed from 9 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
The TrailFinder website has a description and map of a hike at Means Woods.
Restrooms on site
Wheelchair accessible trail
Content from Official Website
Last updated October 8, 2023