In 1864, Thomas and Eliza Dodge moved to Worcester, where they became generous donors to many organizations. In 1881, he and Charles Washburn organized the Worcester Barbed Wire Fence Company. Thomas Dodge donated 13 acres of land to establish Dodge Park in 1889. He was an inventor, in addition to studying law. Dodge died on February 12, 1910, leaving a rich legacy of philanthropy to the City of Worcester.
In 1897, a rustic stone bridge was built over what was Arthur Spring at the time, designed by Martin Green.
Dodge Park has a gazebo, a picnic area, and nature trails.
Restrooms on site
Wheelchair accessible trail
Content from Official Website
Last updated December 9, 2023