Campton, New Hampshire 03223Official Website
This Pemigewassett River access site is located within the Livermore Falls State Forest. The majority of the land at Livermore Falls State Forest was acquired in 1918 with the purchase of 130 acres. An additional 40 acres were purchased in 1992 with LCIP funding. The LCIP project area has a long history of industrial uses and contains ruins of a former pulp mill (1900), a salmon hatchery (1877), and popular recreation sites. Adjacent to the site, but not owned by the state is a lenticular truss bridge (1885).
Although the waterfalls were an important source of hydropower for the various mills located along this area of the river after the closure of the last mill, floods, and storms have reduced the falls to an area of small rapids and are no longer visible within the park boundary.
A parking lot is located on Livermore Road off NH-175. The recreation area offers river swimming, canoe and kayak launching, parking, and pit toilets.
Restrooms on site
Wheelchair accessible trail
Content from Official Website
Last updated November 10, 2023