Many articles about Ontario birding hotspots have appeared in various issues of OFO's two publications, OFO News and Ontario Birds. A compilation of these are below. These articles can also be found as links within individual hotspot pages on this website.
Algonquin Provincial Park (Nipissing/Haliburton)
Bruce Peninsula (Bruce)
Carden Alvar (Kawartha Lakes)
Easternmost Ontario (Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry/Prescott and Russell)
Hamilton Area (mostly Hamilton/Halton)
James Bay Area (Cochrane)
Kingston Area (Lennox and Addington/Frontenac)
London Area (Middlesex/Elgin)
Long Point Area (Norfolk/Haldimand)
Luther Marsh (Wellington/Dufferin)
Manitoulin Island (Manitoulin)
Minesing Swamp (Simcoe)
Niagara Area (Niagara/Haldimand)
Ottawa Area (Ottawa)
Palgrave area (York)
Peterborough area (Peterborough)
Presqu'ile Provincial Park and area (Northumberland)
Prince Edward County (Prince Edward)
Rainy River (Rainy River)
Rondeau Provincial Park (Chatham-Kent)
Sarnia area (Lambton)
Tiny Marsh (Simcoe)
Toronto area (Toronto/York/Durham)
- Markham's Reesor Pond by Stan Long, OFO News 25:2, June 2007
- A Birding Site Guide to Thickson's Woods, Whitby by Margaret Bain, Ontario Birds, 1:1, April 1983.
- A Birder's Guide to Second Marsh Wildlife Area, McLaughlin Bay Wildlife Reserve, and Surroundings by Jim Richards, Ontario Birds 17:3, December 1999.
- The Toronto Islands by Norm Murr, OFO News 17:1, February 1999.
- Toronto's High Park by Bob Yukich, OFO News 13:3, October 1995.
- Leslie Street Spit - Toronto's Pelee by Norm Murr, OFO News 15:3, October 1997.
- Previous trip reports
Windsor area (Essex):