5045 Lake Road East Geneva, Ohio 44041Geneva Township Park webpage
James Humphrey, of New York City on May 18th, 1893 left in his will the property now known as Geneva Township Park. In the will, it designated Robbina Battell and Robert C. Geer to be the executors of his estate with full power to dispose of the property as they saw fit. Robert Geer as executor sold the property on July 7, 1914, for $5000.00 to the Board of Park Commissioners of Geneva Township.
The Park has continued to operate under the Board of Park Commissioners since that time.
The Park is open from dawn to dusk. Pavilions are available for parties and events throughout the season as well as a schedule of special events throughout the season.
The 12-acre Geneva Township Park is located on Lake Road East (OH-531) at Austin Road in Geneva-on-the-Lake. Additional roadside parking is available along Lake Road East and Park Drive. Pedestrians can access the northwestern part of the park from Park Drive across from Old Lake Road. Amenities include picnic shelters, grills, playground equipment, a baseball diamond, a volleyball court, and a paved walking path that follows the park perimeter. Benches along the path overlook Lake Erie. The approximately 30-foot bluff is partially graded and leads to a non-swimming beach. In the northeastern portion of the park, a handicapped-accessible wooden ramp leads to a concrete-capped seawall. Fishing is permitted from the seawall and beach. Swimming, camping, biking, skateboarding, and unleashed dogs are prohibited on park grounds.