Antioch College Campus

About this Location

Antioch's campus is in the town of Yellow Springs. Antioch Hall, North and South Halls are the three original buildings on the campus, and are on the National Register of Historic Places. The historic 1929 Science Building donated by Charles Kettering was renovated in 2012, transformed into the campus Arts and Science Building and obtained a LEED Silver-level environmental certification in 2018.

Antioch College also has a college farm. The farm contains a large crop growing area, a hoop house, and pasture for sheep and chickens. The farm is used as a living laboratory where Antioch students learn about sustainable farming methods such as organic farming and permaculture, and despite run-ins with animal rights activists provides meat and other ingredients for the campus dining program.

In 2014, Antioch installed a five-acre solar array adjacent to its farm in the South Campus. 

Glen Helen Preserve  is owned and managed by Antioch College.

Features

  • Restrooms on site

  • Wheelchair accessible trail

  • Entrance fee

  • Roadside viewing

Content from Wikipedia