3981 Weavers-Fort Jefferson Road Greenville, Ohio 45331Fort Jefferson Memorial Park webpage
Named in honor of Thomas Jefferson, then Secretary of State, Fort Jefferson was one of a chain of defensive forts built to protect army supplies from American Indians. It served as a supply base throughout the campaigns of Gen. St. Clair and Gen. Anthony Wayne, and was abandoned in 1796.
Find the stone memorial recalling that this small park was the site of Fort Jefferson from 1791 to 1796. A confederacy of American Indians defeated Gen. Arthur St. Clair’s army in a 1791 battle that became known as “St. Clair’s Defeat,” and the army retreated to Fort Jefferson.
Content from Fort Jefferson Memorial Park webpage