Huffman MetroPark is the result of the Miami Conservancy District and Arthur Morgan’s vision and commitment to meeting the needs of the population of the Miami Valley. The main purpose was the prevention of another devastating flood like the Great Flood of 1913, but they also saw the need for green space to be preserved for the public to enjoy. The result was five earthen dams built in the early 1920s, one being Huffman Dam. The land adjacent to the dams was retained by the Miami Conservancy district and in the 1930s the Civilian Conservation Corps built what is known today as Huffman MetroPark.
In 1967 Five Rivers MetroParks leased Huffman MetroPark from the Miami Conservancy District. Since then MetroParks has been managing the park, and many changes have happened. Huffman MetroPark now is primarily managed for natural diversity, providing the Miami Valley with a variety of outdoor activities.
Restrooms on site
Content from Official Website